Delivering New Levels of Performance, Efficiency, and Reliability
Fremont, CA – March 30, 2009 . AMAX, the #1 server and storage system builder in North America, announces the arrival of the highly anticipated next generation 45nm quad-core Intel Xeon server solutions, based on the Intel Xeon Processor 5500 Series, codename: Nehalem, and featuring the groundbreaking technology that offers unmatched performance capabilities.
AMAX’s next-generation Xeon processor-based ServMax computing solutions fully utilize the power of the next-generation Intel® Microarchitecture which automatically increases processor frequency and utilizes hyper-threading when needed. The AMAX solutions also support the latest Intel® 5520 chipset technology, DDR3 1333/1066/800 memory, Turbo Boost Technology, Intel® VT, Intel® QuickPath interconnect, and Intel® Hyper-Threading Technology.
Additional features of AMAX’s next-generation Xeon processor-based ServMax computing solutions include:
- Up to 3.5x the bandwidth for technical computing
- Up to 2.25x performance for enterprise computing
- 2x software threads and performance boost on demand
- Highest system level performance/watt
- Lower system idle power reduces IT costs
- Dynamically turns cores on/off to meet performance needs
- Flexible virtualization capabilities, including expansion of existing pools with Intel VT FlexMigration, unique capabilities for live VM migration over network, highest 2S virtualization scores mean more VMs per server, and expansion of existing pools with Intel VT FlexMigration
- Unique capabilities for live VM migration over network
- Use 9:1 server replacement and achieve a rapid 8 month payback with up to 90% lower operating costs
- Use 1:1 server replacement to deliver nearly 9x performance gains within an existing data center design
- Less floor space used
- Lower energy costs
- Lower operating costs
- Lower software costs
“In past years, our clients that required systems capable of low voltage and multi-core computing had limited options,” stated Ms. Jean Shih, President of AMAX. “The new generation of multi-core Intel Xeon processor-based server solutions now provides customers with the flexibility of achieving the maximum computing power, with improved server responsiveness, exceptional energy efficiency and virtualization performance capabilities, resulting in significant lower TCO (Total Cost of Ownership) and an optimal virtual computing environment.”“Taking advantage of the performance of the Intel Xeon Processor 5500 series technology, AMAX is able to build scalable, high availability server solutions,” said Boyd Davis, general manager, Intel Server Platform Group Marketing.
AMAX: An Intel® Channel Partner Member
Backed by one of the biggest names in technology, Intel® Channel Partner Members deliver custom IT solutions for a variety of consumer and business markets. AMAX uses industry-leading Intel® platform products coupled with a high level of innovation to create IT solutions specific to customers’ needs. To maximize technology investment, AMAX has access to training on the latest Intel products and solutions that are compatible with existing hardware and software solutions. For more information, please go to: www.amax.com.