Fremont, CA – April 3, 2009 . AMAX(www.amax.com) , the # 1 server and storage system builder in North America, launches the first Intel Nehalem-EP based Tesla Personal Supercomputer, the AMAX ServMax PSC-5n. AMAX’s ServMax PSC solution transforms what would be a workstation into a high-performance cluster.
AMAX’s ServMax PSC-5n is optimized for scientific computing, delivering up to 15x cost savings and 15x lower power than traditional 1U rack-optimized servers. Its capabilities are ideal for life sciences, geosciences, engineering & sciences, molecular biology, medical diagnostics, electronic design automation (EDA), government and defense, visualization, financial modeling, and oil & gas applications.
Additional features of AMAX’s ServMax PSC-5n include:
- Industry’s first massively multi-threaded architecture with 240-cores
- Intel® Xeon® processor 5500 series (codename Nehalem), which automatically and intelligently adjusts server performance according to application needs
- Supports the latest Tylersburg-EP processing technology, DDR3 1333/1066/800 memory, Turbo Boost Technology, Intel® VT, Intel® QuickPath interconnect, and Intel® Hyper-Threading Technology
- Parallel architecture delivers optimum scaling across HPC applications
- High-efficiency computing platform for energy-conscious organizations
- NVIDIA CUDA technology unlocks the power of Tesla GPU computing products
- A suite of developer tools (C-compiler, debugger, performance profiler, optimized libraries)
"AMAX is proud to be working closely with technology partners such as NVIDIA and Intel to deliver best-in-class, high performance personal supercomputing solutions that address customers’ most demanding HPC application and I/O requirements," said James Huang, Product Marketing Manager of AMAX. "Our ServMax PSC platform dramatically reduces computational time from weeks and months to merely hours and minutes. It represents one of the most significant product innovations in the high-performance computing industry."
Founded in 1979, AMAX is the leader in custom server and storage solutions in North America. AMAX is comprised of two key divisions that deliver customized computing solutions to a wide array of industries: 1) AMAX’s Corporate Solutions Division provides innovative and scalable custom server, workstation, storage and cluster products; and 2) AMAX’s Contract Manufacturing Division provides efficient custom manufacturing solutions and global logistics services to OEM customers. AMAX’s headquarters are located in Fremont, California. AMAX has additional branch offices throughout North America and globally, including in Suzhou, China, and Shanghai, China. For more information, see www.amax.com .