Fremont, CA – May 6, 2009. AMAX, the leading provider of custom servers and storage solutions in North America, will host its annual Technology Showcase at its Fremont, California, headquarters on Thursday, May 7, 2009. This event will also celebrate AMAX’s 30th Anniversary.
The showcase features the latest clustering, server, storage, and graphics workstation technologies and features several of our OEM appliances. Many of AMAX’s technology partners, including Intel, AMD, and Nvidia, will demonstrate their newest products – making this a great time to learn about the latest in computing technology and to see new products.
Products featured at the showcase will include:
- Customized OEM appliances for a wide range of industries, such as Bio-Medical, Network, Security, Semiconductor, Storage, and Surveillance industries;
- HPC solutions supporting the revolutionary Intel Xeon Nehalem 5500 Series, featuring the Intel QuickPath Interconnect, TurboBoost, and Hyperthreading technology;
- AMAX Parallel High Performance Computing Solutions – with 240 cores per GPU, up to 86.94 Teraflops of single precision performance and 7,266 Gigaflops of double precision performance per cluster;
- AMAX Personal Supercomputer, a “cluster in a box,” powered by Nvidia Tesla;
- 24-core Systems - Powerful, high-density computing solutions ideal for virtualization applications;
- VMware Certified appliances; and
- AMAX custom high performance graphics workstation solutions optimized for digital content creation, including the Nvidia Quadro Plex.
This is a great time for IT directors and decision-makers from local companies and school districts, along with a select group of our VARs, resellers and system builder customers, to have the opportunity to meet face-to-face with such major technology partners.
Founded in 1979, AMAX is the leader in custom server and storage solutions in North America. AMAX is comprised of two key divisions that deliver customized computing solutions to a wide array of industries: 1) AMAX’s Corporate Solutions Division provides innovative and scalable custom server, workstation, storage and cluster products; and 2) AMAX’s Contract Manufacturing Division provides efficient custom manufacturing solutions and global logistics services to OEM customers. For more information, see www.amax.com .