Hadoop administration is painful and prone to error. Administrators must possess not only classic operating system skills, but require cluster management skills unique to the cloud computing environment. Experience is critical and continued maintenance is a foregone conclusion. Dedicating teams of engineers to deploy and manage Hadoop drains technical resources quickly. Contracting professional service organizations is expensive and cannot evolve with your changing needs without further investment. With Zettaset Hadoop Management, you can eliminate much of the hassle of Hadoop without sacrificing control. By handling the common issues of Hadoop deployment and providing interfaces and tools for analysis, Zettaset makes you the expert.
- Point and click browser-based visual UI
- Simple to deploy with no need for professional services
- Automatic failover of Primary NameNode, Hive Metastore and Kerberos
- Security with Shadoop™ - Built in Kerberos authentication, Role-based security for the UI and API and extensive audit log capabilities
- Single administration management UI
- Built-in automatic redundancy, monitoring, self-healing, and rapid-server provisioning
- Simple licensing model
- Supports millions of files
- Zettaset provides 3 levels of service failover. At the simplest level, all critical services that are not detected are automatically restarted. At the second level, all single node services (i.e. JobTracker) are automatically failed over to an elected master. At the third level, all single node services with critical data (i.e. NameNode) are state-replicated to an elected backup master and a new backup master is elected and provisioned in the event of failure.
- Zettaset provides a generalized framework for failover of ANY critical service (i.e. MongoDB, Apache Web Server, etc) at any of the previously mentioned levels.
- The Zettaset interface streamlines the data analysis by providing facilities for uploading jobs, performing queries, tuning performance parameters, and executing the job while providing you with continuous feedback on the progress. All of this configuration is saved and cataloged for future use.
- Kerberos encryption and authentication is fully implemented, ensuring that no unauthorized data access occurs, without sacrificing speed or usability.